Job Posting: Business Operations Startup Consultant – DRC
BURN designs manufactures and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves in East Africa. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoa stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1.9 million beneficiaries save $94 million in fuel expenditures and 1,626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and is expanding further across the continent.
BURN is expanding to DR Congo and is looking for a consultant to assist with launching our business operations. We are looking for someone dynamic with a can-do attitude. The consultant will work closely with our Director of Expansion and DRC Country Manager.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Establishing Burns business entity in DRC (incorporate business, establish bank accounts etc)
- Collecting inputs (tax, duty, utilities, transport, etc.) for launching BURN’s manufacturing business in DRC
- Work with senior management team to develop a launch strategy
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree or MBA
- Excellent written and verbal communication French and English
- High level of comfort working with business clients
- Experience writing business plans
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
- An ability to laugh and not get too frustrated with the challenges that come with working in Africa!
Preferential Skills and Experience:
- Has worked in DRC or Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Financial Modeling is an asset but is not required as the fellow will work with our finance team to expand our existing financial model
- business development experience
- Experience in logistics
Kinshasa DRC and Nairobi Kenya Start date: Between April 1 and June 1, 2018 contract duration: ~4-6 months
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on BURN please visit www.burnstoves.com