Chief of Mission’s Residence (CMR)
US Embassy Kinshasa
Basic Functions of Position:
The housekeeper is responsible for making sure all assigned areas of the home are clean, neat, and tidy.
This includes any indoor and outdoor household cleaning and organizing assigned tasks. Typical
responsibilities include vacuuming, dusting, laundry, mopping and waxing floors.
Major duties and responsibilities of the position
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards.
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies.
- Promptly notify of any maintenance problems in or around the house.
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and report if needed.
- Serve and set the table for family, guests and formal meals.
- Grocery shopping and run errands as directed.
- Feed and care for household pets as directed.
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any house-related practices.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Housekeeping.
- At least level II (Limited knowledge) in English and level IV (Fluency) in French.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Working quickly without compromising quality.
How to apply and closing date
Applications clearly specifying the position applying for, consisting of a cover letter and a resume addressed
to the Chief of Mission of the Embassy of the United States of America in Kinshasa, are to be dropped at
the reception of Embassy (JAO) on Lukusa Avenue, No. 498 in Gombe (Opposite from Engen gas station)
by no later than August 17, 2018.
NOTE: Please note that the candidate will not be an Embassy or US Government employee, but will
be a personal employee of the Chief of Mission.