RAF : E04/06/2015
Responsable Hiérrchique : Deputy CEO
Lieu d’affecation : Kinshasa
Catégorie : SD (Level 3)
Posting date : 26/07/2018
Closing date : 30/09/2018
- The major purposes of the role are to establish, implement and enforce a robust risk management framework and systems (policies, processes and tools) covering the ten key risks defined by FINCA’s Global Risk Management function. The Risk assists Management to create and maintain a sound risk environment and within the agreed risk appetite determined by the subsidiary’s management board. S/he will assist Management to improve the overall performance and activities of the FINCA subsidiary, and in making decisions on the issues of risk identification, analysis, mitigation and prevention. Working within the framework of the subsidiary’s regulatory requirements and in coordination with FINCA functional heads, the Risk Manager will collaborate with subsidiary management to recommend corrective actions to remediate identified control deficiencies. S/he will also develop work plans in coordination with Management that are aligned with the subsidiary’s strategic and operational objectives and any requirements of external governance bodies. Duties and Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: Support business in developing appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminating appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in the market/industry, laws, regulations, etc.
- Overseeing and enforcing risk management policies and established risk limits to close significant gaps in risk management capabilities (policy monitoring).
- Conduct analysis of operations of the subsidiary to identify risks and make recommendations for preventive actions.
- Timely investigation, analysis and reporting of compliance issues and/or instances of fraud which can negatively affect the Company’s operations and reputation.
- Manage evaluation of the possible risks (including third-party risks associated with vendor selection and management, as applicable) for the proposed new products, procedures and functions, set up and manage internal control tools and instruments during implementation.
- Providing an independent view of proposed business plans and appropriate reporting on risks identified to the Management,
- Preparation of quarterly Risk reports for the subsidiary-level and FMH Board reporting.
- Supervise and monitor subsidiary Risk Management a.
- Support the training and development of subsidiary Risk and
- Proactively engage subsidiary management boards to support key projects by providing insights that address inherent risks and residual risks after consideration of mitigating controls or others activities.
- SPECIFICATIONS Core Competencies: Knowledge & Education: – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management or related fields of study; advanced or graduate-level degree is desirable. – Additional qualification/certification in Risk Management, AML/KYC compliance & internal controls is preferred. Other Requirements:
- Ability to trave
Availability to travel 40% of the time.